Thursday, May 04, 2006

What crap

I usually don't comment on these things since I've come to expect a certain level of ignorance and malicious cruelty when it comes to commentary on IVF and DE.
But this time I have smoke pouring out of my ears.

The writer, a doctor, is commenting on the case of a sixty something british woman who is pregnant.
"DR R may well feel that the baby is her own, but the reality is that it was someone else’s egg that had been fertilised by her husband’s sperm, and later artificially implanted in her womb."

Oh...so she may
feel that the baby is her own but really it's not. That's what he's saying. Ignorant bastard.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Absolute Rubish! How lovely it would be to be so ignorant - to have no reason to know the anguish and torment women endure in the pursuit of motherhood.

By the way - I am thinking of you a lot and hope that the cycle is going fantastic!

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Ugh, I have been ignoring it all day yesterday on the news. They have had it on heavy rotation on BBC News 24 and it is driving me up the wall. Apparently when it is a Romanian woman doing this, it was not big news but the fact that a British woman is doing it means a news explosion.

I wish them well but I think they might regret being so open about their identities. The tabloids will be all over them and their child will have no peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home