Thursday, January 04, 2007

salt

When you are wounded and bleeding it's always nice when someone comes along and rubs in some salt. No?

F*ck f*cking coworkers.
I have 3 counterparts in other offices. One is on mat leave. She gave birth on my husbands birthday. The second, let's call him Wally, is expecting any day now and feels compelled to send me emails everyday to remind me of this fact.
And, who gets to takeover the extra workload while these two are off on leave?

Here are excerpts from the 4 emails I received from ass-shat Wally in the past 2 days.

Hi everyone,
As you know I am going to become a Dad in January, so I will be taking a couple of weeks off to celebrate. Nina has agreed to field all questions related to project X which come up during that month....


Hi Mark,
Nina has graciously offered to take over the X Project
while I am off this January with my new family. Please copy her on all correspondence with regards to this project.....


Hi folks,
As you know, Nina is going to be handling the management of Project X for most of January while I’m off being sleep-deprived with my new son. Should this project not be completed prior to my running-away......


Happy New Year J!
I don’t have that information handy. I have copied this email on to Nina. My wife is due to give birth within the next few days so Nina has graciously offered to cover this project. I am confident that she can get you the information you need.


--------------------
For the record Wally, you insensitive moron, I did NOT 'offer graciously' to do your f@cking work while you are away with your 'new family'. I had no choice.
And
In the coming weeks don't you dare flood my Inbox with pictures of your newborn.

-----------------------------
update!
Not 1 but 6 photos have just arrived by email!
My director called asking i) would I like to coordinate a gift purchase? (I declined) ii) could I put $50 towards the gift? (of course, I would be happy to) and iii) shouldn't we also buy a gift for J who had given birth just 2 weeks ago. It's her second, but we wouldn't want anyone to feel left out. Yeah...right. Then we had a lovely conversation about what the gifts could be, debated the merits of giftcards vs. clothes vs. toys.
How does that stapler in jelly trick work?

16 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Makes you want to run from the building screaming!!!!!

Why do they get to be normal? WHY!

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this guy know that you have been ttc and going through all kinds of hell over it? Because if he does, he's so self-absorbed that it's almost funny. ALMOST.

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good God...I hope my husband's not doing that kind of crap at his office. I'm sorry about the asshat at yours.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Drew said...

What a tool.

If he uses a wireless mouse in the office, put sticky tape the surface of the sensor pad. Or if he uses a normal mouse - remove the rolling ball from the mouse. Nice surprise for him when he returns from his paternity leave.

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Total moron - amazing how the dumbest have the easiest time conceiving.

Ever watched the office? Stapler in Jelly.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

Yes, stapler in jelly sounds good to me. Or dick in a hot cup of coffee? Could you walk by his desk and accidentally spill your coffee, hmm?

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Krista said...

It is amazing how insensitive some people are capable of being. Sorry Nina that this guy is such an ass clown. I hope you don't get those infant pictures.

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously. The only thing worse than the clueless fertile is the clueless fertile's partner in cluelessness.

I'm so sorry you're having to put up with this crap.

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everyone has said it for me but what a dick!!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Teendoc said...

I've said it once and have said it again...people don't get it unless they have been through it.

The same feelings used to come over me when people talked about spouses before I was lucky enough (at 39) to find my own. Thirty-something singles are often just as tweaked by things "smug marrieds" say. Wedding invitations, covering for someone so that they can go away with their spouse for a romantic weekend, etc. all just drove a stake through my heart since I was doing nothing more than going home to my cats.

The only thing you can do is to learn to tell people that this is a difficult subject considering what I'm (you're) going through. If you don't educate them that you have an issue, they won't know how much it freaking bothers you, and it is you who seethes and stews. You get me?

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh ouch.....

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger JennaM said...

Is there any way to fuck up his accounts/projects while he's gone without it coming back to bite you? I'm egregiously immature, but this guy needs a serious come-down.

The only thing worse than a self absorbed expectant mother is a self absorbed expectant father, as far as I'm concerned. Off with his head!

xoxo
Jenna

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger JennaM said...

Ummm, also? I am in awe of your endurance for treatment.... always thought it, just need to get it out.

xoxo
Jenna

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger JW said...

What a total "knob-eyes" as my dad would say. Some people just don't think. Sorry you're stuck with his work while he's off doing what we all want to be doing. I've been reading you for a while now and look forward to all your posts, and I'm here cheering you on all the way.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Vanessa Johnson said...

it doesn't matter, really, if you tell someone about your "issue" or not. personally i wouldn't share stuff like that at work, because i don't think it will make people more sensitive...or worse, they will be overly aware, which will only make it worse for you.

you really have to go through it to understand. a very good friend of mine, after listening to me go thru infertility crap for 2 years, STILL called me to say she was having a "scare" (missed period, eg, possible unplanned pregnancy) and she wanted someone to say "Oh, God, oh, NO, no" to - and thought I was the one! I literally threw the cell phone against the wall. She apologized later and realised she'd been a jerk. But it shows you how no one really gets it.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger JennaM said...

You okay?
Sending all good wishes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home