Friday, September 01, 2006

Follow-up conversation

Conversation with my co-worker/employee this morning.
Goes something like this:

Me: How're you doing?
L: Alright, I suppose.
Me: It's not easy.
L: No.
My brother just told us his girlfriend is pregnant.
Me. Your brother? The one who embezelled money from your grandparents, dropped out of highschool and now works as a prison guard?
L: Yup.
Me: So unfair.
L: And I found out yesterday that my good friend S is pregnant.
Me: S? The hairdresser with the out-of-work boyfriend who she lives with in a damp basement apartment with no furniture?
L: Yup.
Me: Of course.
L: Figures
Me: Figures

Poor girl. I'm feeling so sorry for her. It's almost overshadowing how sorry I feel for myself.


8 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Ouch..

You both need some chocolate cake, and a spa day and...... a fucking baby already

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Lut C. said...

Groundhog day. There is just no end to conversations like that, is there.

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Good to see you posting again, sweetie. I feel the opposite way about work. It is just so unimportant to me now.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Sparkle said...

Yuck, it's revolting the way we learn the 'world keeps turning' lesson thru IF.

Glad you're back and posting.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger LiL Moo & Mee said...

It just keeps getting chucked at ya and never seems to stop.

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

There is no rhyme nor reason, there is just a lot of shit to deal with.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Romance said...

I feel for you - I really do... I am year five in my "journey" and Ihave to say I feel, you feel you, feel you. I am having my one month miscarriage anniversary and I just have to say I am sorry you have to go through this.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Isn't that always the way?

(BTW - I came across your blog by accident and am really enjoying it)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home