Sunday, December 04, 2005

babydream

He hates going out in the rain.
Let’s go for a walk I'd say.
It’s raining, he'd protest. ‘I’ll melt.’
‘What, are you made of chocolate?’
Yup, he'd reply with that little grin.

'No, no, no. I’m the one who’s made of chocolate I'd respond', pointing to my brown skin.
‘Well, that makes me white chocolate.’
‘White chocolate isn’t really chocolate’, I’d tease him. ‘You’re just plain-old white’

When we started trying for a baby we’d joke, ‘will it be a white chocolate baby or a milk chocolate baby?’. But our chocolate baby didn’t materialize.
Instead, the ultrasound machine revealed ovaries covered in cysts.
Not just cysts, the doctor said. Chocolate cysts (I thought he was joking….he wasn’t. That’s what they’re really called).
So, I thought… I have chocolate eggs?
Whitechocolatespaceeggs my husband would say (but then he’s a bigger
Liz Phair fan than I).

Fortunately, chocolate eggs are just what you need if you dream of a whitechocolatebaby.

4 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger zhl said...

When I first saw your blog, I wondered if the title was related to Liz Phair. I love her and that album in particular.

So sorry that you don't have your baby and that nutella, as great as is, isn't enough. Hope you and your mom are okay soon.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Lut C. said...

That's a lovely dream. Very hard to give up on, despite the hardship.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only the chocolate would lead to babies. That would make life a lot easier.

I and my two chocolate cysts salute you.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Big Liz Phair fan too though I was taken aback to see her in a Gap advert in Toronto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home